Sweetcorn fritters, perfect to have as a light lunch, simple snack or as part of your evening meal.
£0.70 30 minutes Makes 4
All you need is
- 150g sweetcorn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/4 of a red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil, but whatever you use to fry)
To make it just
- If using frozen sweetcorn then cook in a pan of boiling water and drain, if not then just drain from tin and place in a bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and red pepper then add to the bowl.
- Mix in the seasoning to the dry ingredients then add the egg mixing well to combine.
- Heat a saucepan and add the oil.
- Once hot, spoon handfuls of the mixture into the pan (the same way as making pancakes)
- Brown on both sides and then enjoy!
Tip: leave to cool then place in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy to up-to 3 days.
Where to buy
Like the bowl? Buy it for yourself