£0.30 15 mins Makes 5
All you need is
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 200g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 egg
- 30g grated cheese
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
To make it just
- Boil a pan of water and cook the spinach
- Finely dice the onion and fry with the garlic
- Once the onion is browned place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain the spinach and rinse with cool water until is cool enough to handle and using your hand remove as much water as possible.
- Place the spinach in the bowl and add the egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper and chilli powder.
- Mould the mixtures into patties and fry lightly turning after 3 minutes.
- Either enjoy as they are or as part of your fry up.
Where to buy