So, continuing on with my healthy streak I made a fish pie this week, I decided to try and change it up by scratching the mash potato and slicing the potatoes. It was a nice change from my usual chicken dish and was quick and easy to make, coming in at 590 calories.
£1.10 20 mins Serves 2
All you need is
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 1 salmon fillet
- 10g cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 50g frozen carrots
- 80g potatoes
To make it just
- Place the salmon fillet on a low heat under the grill.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and add them to a pan of boiling water.
- They shouldn’t take very long as they’re sliced thinly sliced, once they’re soft drain them and then put them to one side.
- In the pan cook the carrots and again leave then drain them, whilst they’re cooking turn the salmon over so it cooks fully.
- Once the carrots are done drain then and place them in a casserole dish.
- In the pan add butter and leave to soften before adding flour and mixing to a paste, then top with milk and mix.
- Leave to thicken on a low heat.
- Whilst the sauce is thickening take the salmon out of the grill and flake then put into the casserole dish and mix with the carrots.
- Add the sauce to the dish before topping with potato and then topping with grated cheese and leave in the oven allowing the cheese to go crisp.
Where to buy