I recently had the pleasure of going out for a lovely meal to a very fancy restaurant with a perfect gent – first for everything – and having a delicious dinner. The starter was a goats cheese tart which was perfection on a plate and for mains chicken wrapped in pancetta and stuffed with chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes topped with melted cheese with garlic potatoes. I was so inspired by this dinner I tried to make it myself and the end result was incredible! (I only tried making the chicken not the starter).
£0.74 15 mins Serves 1
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 slice of chorizo
- 10g cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
To make it just
- Cut an uncooked chicken breast in half and push chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes into the centre.
- Carefully pull the sides up around the centre so that the stuffing is secured in the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray in the oven with the side you’ve stuck together on top.
- After about 10 minutes, flip the chicken over and cover the bottom of the chicken in garlic and mixed herbs.
- Then after a further 10 minutes turn it back again, after another 5 minutes flip again.
- Cover the top of the chicken in cheddar either sliced of grated and place in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Take out and slice through the centre ensuring the chicken is fully cooked through and then enjoy.
- I had mine with spinach and potatoes wedges, as well as BBQ sauce to flavour.