If you’ve seen my latest YouTube then you’ll know this month I am focusing on reducing food waste! I started my #LoveFood series last month but in June I’m going full out, creating personal recipes to help you cut down on food waste.
This weeks recipe is for Alice Spake, a fellow Southampton blogger who tweeted me saying that she tends to throw away fresh veg, fruit and eggs. While I’ve not tackled fruit today that will be coming soon! This recipe focuses on salad, eggs and fresh veg.
I used leftover vegetables in my fridge but you can use any veg you have lying around.
Fresh veg, fruit and eggs ?
— Alice Anne ? (@alicespake) May 24, 2018
Leftover vegetable omelette
£1.48 20 mins Serves 1
All you need is
- 1 onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 4 baby tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
To make it just
- Heat a frying pan
- Slice the onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper then cook in the pan.
- Add the sweetcorn and carrot to the pan mixing well.
- In a bowl or jug, whisk the eggs and milk then pour on top of the vegetables ensuring they’re all covered with the egg mixture.
- Once the bottom starts to cook either flip it over or place it under the grill to cook on top.
- Once it’s all cooked, remove from pan and serve with salad (if you have apples then chop them up small, cover with a bit of lemon and add to the salad to use up leftover apples)
Where to buy
|Red bell pepper||£0.60||£0.50||£0.40|
|Semi skimmed milk||£0.89||£1.00||£1.00|