My #LoveFood recipe series continues this week, to try and help you cut down on food waste. This week I’m turning my attention to bread. A few months ago it was revealed that Brits bin over a million slices of bread every hour. Many people don’t know how to store it or what to do with it.
Today’s recipe is for Jo Fisher and Jenna Farmer. They both messaged me saying that this was the food they wasted most of the time. As it’s such a huge issue in the UK, I will be sharing another few recipes showing you how to use up leftover bread, but for now here is a tasty cinnamon toast recipe.
£0.25 20 mins Serves 1
All you need is
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used semi-skimmed)
- 2 slices bread (I used wholemeal but just whatever you have in the cupboard)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
To make it just
- Put of frying pan on the hob and heat
- In a bowl combine the egg, milk and cinnamon together well then place your bread and ensure it coated in the mixture
- once the pan feel warm, place the bread in the pan and fry for around 2-3 minutes per side but ensure you check to avoid to becoming burnt
- Remove from the pan and top with whatever you like! I topped mine with yogurt, honey, bananas and blueberries
Where to buy