Yes, you read that correctly, healthy lamb kebabs and they even taste amazing. Whilst most people tend to eat kebabs drunk after a night out I actually enjoy eating them sober with chilli sauce and chips. My mum also liked eating them but once she realised how unhealthy they were she quickly found a recipe which means they are a lot healthier. I’ve adapted the recipe so it’s not fully stolen and given it a student easy explanation so enjoy!
£1.32 20 mins Serves 1
All you need is
- 250g lamb mince
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 wholemeal pita
To make it just
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together with you hands. You will need to squish the meat a lot to make it as soft as possible.
- Once it’s all mixed get some cling film and lay it on the side and dust with flour.
- Place a ball of the mince mix in the centre of the cling film and fold the top over.
- With a rolling pin roll the mixture out so it’s very very thin.
- In a pan fry the thin bits of mince, as you’re frying them using a spatula pat down the mince so it stays fairly thin.
- Serve with a warm pita bread, salad and a sauce of your choice.
Where to buy