£1.03 50 minutes Serves 2
Rice doesn’t have to be boring, this dish is sure to excite taste buds whilst not upsetting your bank balance. This rice dish is set to be a winner at your dinner table.
All you need is
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g frozen vegetables
- 5 button mushrooms
- 4 sausages
- 1 white onion
- 200g wholemeal rice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
To make it just
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Boil water and then cook rice for 35 minutes until water is absorbed and its light and fluffy.
- While rice is cooking grill the sausages until brown.
- Chop up the onion and mushrooms then gently fry in a pan.
- Once browned add the tinned tomatoes to the frying pan.
- When sausages are done chop up into chunks and add to the pan, leave on a low heat.
- When rice is cooked place in a large baking dish, add the tomato mixture and then place frozen vegetables in and mix well.
- Cover the dish with the spices and mix.
- Place in the oven for a further 10 minutes in the oven to finish. Serve and enjoy
Where to buy