In the past I have experimented with making meatballs and it’s fair to say they’ve never quite gone to plan. However, this time seemed to go much better than before so I figured why not make a post about it? These are so cheap and so easy, I served mine with pasta, passata and grated cheese but you can serve yours with salad or spaghetti.
£0.97 30 mins (plus 1 hr in the fridge) Serves 2
All you need is
- 250g mince meat
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 egg
- 100g wholewheat pasta
- 2 tbsp passata
To make it just
- In a bowl mix the mince meat with the garlic, coriander and an egg into a smooth paste.
- Take handfuls of the mix and roll into a meatball shape then place on a tray and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Boil a pan of water and cook the pasta.
- After they’ve been in the fridge place the baking tray into the oven and leave to cook on a medium heat for about 30 minutes and you’ll be good to go!
- Serve with pasta and add the passata (ensure it’s warm)
Where to buy