Risotto is something which has been newly introduced in my household, but I am so happy it’s here. Risotto is easy to make, incredibly convenient to cook and doesn’t taste half bad.
£0.74 40 minutes Serves 1
All you need is
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 75g Arborio risotto rice
- 75g frozen vegetables
- 1 mug of vegetable gravy
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 15g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
To make it just
- Finely dice the onion and place in a saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and cook on a low heat until the vinegar has been absorbed and the onions are soft (approx. 10 minutes)
- Take the saucepan off the heat, squeeze the lemon to get all of the juice and pour into the pan, add all remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Return to the heat and cover the pan with a lid and leave to cook for a further 20 minutes until rice has absorbed most of the liquid and roughly doubled in size.
- Once rice is fully cooked serve and enjoy!
Tip: I topped mine with tuna ‘meatballs’ to give it an extra bit of texture but you can add lentils, chickpeas or beef meatballs.
Where to buy
|Arborio risotto rice||£1.25||£1.25||£1.25|
|Vegetable gravy granules||£1.50||£1.50||£1.50|