After venturing into many homemade burger restaurants I realised that burgers were made to be made thick and tasty not thin and for 99p. So, after many failed attempts to make my own burgers I had to call my father, and under his words of wisdom, I managed to create this beauty.
£1.17 5 mins (plus 10 mins in the fridge) Serves 1
All you need is
- 50g mince
- 1 egg
- 5g cheese
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 burger buns
- Handful lettuce
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
To make it just
- In a bowl, mix the mince with a cracked egg, chopped onions – very finely chopped, chopped cheese – again very small chunks, teaspoon chilli flakes and finely chopped breadcrumbs (I just used another burger bun half).
- Mould the mix into a burger shape and place into the fridge on a plate for roughly an hour.
- After an hour take them out of the fridge and place in a frying pan with oil so they don’t stick.
- Keep turning them over until they are fully cooked then top with more cheese if you want and put under the grill to melt.
- Place the burger into a bun with lettuce and a sauce of your choosing and enjoy!