The humble chickpea has been turned into all sorts nowadays, no more are they being blitzed into hummus, now they are roasted and covered in sauce to be made into filling dishes.
£0.70 1 hour 2 people
All you need is
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 60g chickpeas
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Handful cucumber
- 30g plain yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic
To make it just
- Prick the sweet potatoes then place in the oven on 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for around 45-50 minutes.
- Dice the mushrooms, red onion, red pepper and tomatoes and place in a frying pan with the chickpeas.
- Cover the mixture in the pan with paprika and mix well.
- Using half of the mint leaves, crush them in your hand and rip up then add to the pan and mix well.
- Place the mixture aside or leave on a very low heat stirring often.
- Finely dice the left over mint leaves and cucumber then place in a small bowl.
- Add the yogurt and garlic to the cucumber and mix well then place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the potatoes are soft all the way through cut through the centre and open then top with the chickpea mix (re-heat if it wasn’t left on the hob) then add the yogurt mix.
Where to buy