£0.80 20 mins (plus 6 hrs marinating) Serves 1
Burgers are such a favourite when it comes to dinner ideas, I do struggle sometimes to understand why restaurants charge so much for burgers when they are so easy to make at home. This burger is less than a McDonald’s one and tastier.
All you need is
- ½ chicken breast
- ½ tsp chilli
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 red onion ring
- 1 courgette ring
- Handful of spinach and lettuce
- 1 fresh wholemeal bun
To make it just
- Place the chicken in a zip bag and add the chilli powder, lemon juice, Italian herbs and salt and pepper. Zip the bag up ensuring you keep as much air out as possible. Then using a rolling pin roll the chicken breast so it flattens to around 2cm thick. Then place in the fridge for 6 hours so the spices can infuse.
- After 6 hours remove the chicken from the fridge, flatten it further with the rolling pin before placing it in the oven at 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Whilst the chicken is in, in a bowl combine the ingredients for the coleslaw mixing it all well.
- Check the chicken is fully cooked through before building your burger. Use a wholemeal roll and place the spinach, chicken, pineapple, red onion and courgette in.
Where to buy