Cheese twists aren’t normally very healthy – but my goodness, they are delicious – however, as I can’t always bring myself to spend a couple of quid on one, I decided to start making my own.
£0.35 20 mins Makes 6
All you need is
- 3 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 5 tbsp. self raising flour
- 30g cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
To make it just
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Grate your cheddar and set aside
- In a bowl place the yogurt and 4 tbsp. of the flour
- Add the cheese, paprika, salt, pepper and oil then combine well until you form a dough – if you find the mixture a bit wet slowly add more flour and combine.
- Using the last tbsp. of flour cover your surface then split the dough into six and mould into sticks or twists then place onto a baking tray.
- Leave to cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning over halfway through until crisp and golden.
Where to buy
|Self raising flour||£0.55||£0.55||£0.85|