Toad in the hole is one of my classic family meals, while I never used to enjoy it as a kid. My taste buds have of course adapted and changed and since then I’ve started to love it!
£0.69 1 hour Serves 2
When it comes to home cooking my mum has to be my inspiration! So I’ve stolen this recipe from her, hope you don’t mind mum!
All you need is
- 3 tbsp heaped self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 4 sausages
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp gravy granules
- 200ml water (more if desired for gravy)
To make it just
- In a bowl place the flour and crack the eggs and whisk, then gradually add milk until you have a smooth consistent. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, brown the sausages in a pan then place in your baking dish.
- Once timer is up mix the batter again then pour over the sausages and place in the oven on 200C for 30 minutes, once the top has browned you’re good to go.
- Whilst your toad is in the oven, slice your onion into strips then place in a pan and brown gently, once they start to brown turn down the heat and cover.
- When onions are all brown and soft add the water and gravy granules mixing well.
- When the toad is done remove from the oven, cover with gravy and tuck in!
Where to buy