£1.06 (a batch) Ready in 1 hour 20 minutes Makes 8
All you need is
- 75g ground oats
- 75g self-raising flour
- 50g crushed walnuts
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 300g carrots (roughly 4 large carrots)
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 9 tbsp water (or 3 eggs)
- 30g plain yoghurt
- 30g butter
- 20ml oil
To make it just
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas Mark 3½
- Grind the flaxseeds if you don’t have flaxseed mill and mix with water in a bowl then set aside.
- Grind the oats and place in a bowl adding the flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, grated carrots and sugar.
- Place the butter in a microwaveable bowl and microwave until melted (approx 20 seconds).
- In the bowl add the yoghurt, milk and oil mixing well.
- Add this mix to the flour and combine well.
- Finally, add the eggs or flaxseed mix depending on which you use and mix well.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for an hour.
Where to buy