£0.92 35 minutes Serves 4
Apple and cinnamon oatcakes are so easy to make and taste great. I made these last night, tucked into them this morning and they tasted just as good.
All you need is
- 2 cooking apples, medium
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 4 handfuls of porridge oats
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sweetener
To make it just
- Peel and slice the apples into cubes and cover with water, place on a medium hob and leave to cook.
- Once completely softened, mash the apples down and add the oats gradually, mixing well.
- Once the oats are completely coated, add the cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and sweetener and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 ‘cakes’ onto an ovenproof dish covered with baking paper and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes on 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Remove from the oven and either enjoy hot or leave to cool; they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Where to buy